10.04.2006

A Sweet Little Bag




So...I have been wanting to try making a purse for a while now. But for obvious reasons I haven't had much time or space to sit and create. I finally set up a sewing area and got busy.

Although I have been sewing for quite a while, I have never tried a project like this before and am quite pleased with the results.

I just sketched it out on paper and then made my own pattern. Honestly, I didn't know quite how it would turn out. I only had to rip out 1 seam. Yeah! I was a bit disapointed with the fuseable stabalizer I chose, but other than that it turned out very near to my vision. It is just like a yummy little gumdrop.


I can't wait to start the next one!!!! Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That came out beautiful. I just started sewing a bit too - my mother is teaching me how.

Gracencameronsmomy said...

You did that without a pattern??? And with two kids at home?? That is amazing!!

Ann said...

You did a great job. It looks great. So are you going to start making clothes now...you'll be awesome if you did that without a pattern.