9.17.2006

Let's See Here...




Well, a few things to report.
First, we have decided to make a slight change to Zack's name. I know, like he hasn't already dealt with enough change lately. We are going to lengthen it ever so slightly to Zackai or Zakai. We haven't nailed down the spelling yet. Leaning toward the latter though. I suspect we will end up calling him Kai eventually. Right now when I have called him Kai he has mistaken it for "bye" and waved at me. Very amusing. I suspect the most confused of all of us will be Luke....oh well what's one more thing?

I have also begun watching our dear friend Cole once again. It is going very well. It really is not much more work going from 2 to 3. You are already insanely busy...whats a little more gonna hurt? Going from 1-2 is definately harder. Also I only have Cole 2 days a week this time instead of 3.

I decided to go back to school after Christmas and finally finish up my degree. I don't really know how we will decide to put it to use once I have it, but right now what matters to me is getting it. My major is in interior design and then possibly I'll get my teaching credentials...we'll see. I expect it will take a few years to finish with both kids around. Luke will start preschool next year, and Zakai the following year so that will help. Until then I will use the school daycare which I have heard great things about.

We had our first night away from both boys last night. We went to the beautiful wedding of our frinds Melanie and Sam. It was a magical evening...and not just because we had some time away from the boys. The boys stayed with their Nona and Grandpa (Chris' parents) and did amazingly. They are just awesome kids, what can I say?! We picked them up this morning and they were happy as could be. Any kid would be, really, Nona and Grandpa's is a pretty great place to be.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Kai is becoming more and more popular. I think it fits him. The boys looks wonderful and it's good that you are able to have some "couple" time and they boys were good. Good luck going back to school, I can't wait til I can go back.

Kristin said...

Great photos, Amanda and I like the name change... little but significant and "Kai" is a cool, cool name!