6.18.2006

Happy___________ Day



Sooo, today Zack turned 1. Aparently your kids can have their birthdays even if you're not there. I thought time would just stand still until we were united......uh..nope. So, luckily, we also had someone else to celebrate today and he happens to be here.

It was, obviously, also Father's Day so we got to dote on our daddy all day, which was fun. We had a family breakfast in bed which was amazingly fun, and a bit messy! We also watched the video I made daddy as a Father's Day gift. I'll post it once I get it down to a small enough size. After we finally made it out of bed we went to the museum to see an exhibit daddy has been drooling over. To top it all off I baked this cake which took me all afternoon (so worth it!) and we had a big Fathers Day get together with family.

We survived the big dreaded Birthday without Zack. Once we shifted our focus to celebrating him instead of having a pitty party it was a fun, fun day.

So, in two days it is our 7th wedding Anniversary, and a week from then is Luke's 2nd Birthday. We have so much to celebrate!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Yummy looking cake you made there!

So your boys are 12 months apart? Mine are 15 and I will tell you, it is so great having them close in age... you are going to have the best time!!

David and Janalee said...

Love the cake! Sounds like you had a good day after all. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Luke!
Janalee

Ann said...

You I didn't your kids could have any special event unless you were there. You'll just have to celebrate twice as big when you get him home. You are going to be a busy Mommy with birthdays and Anniversary celebration. Happy Anniversary by the way. Celebrate big

Ann said...

that was supposed to be "you know I didn't think ..." I just can't type this evening

Tammy said...

How hard that must have been - but what a great attitude! We just celebrated our 7th on May 14.