2.07.2006

My Brilliant Idea




I started watching the son of some friends, Cole 10 mo's, about 3 weeks ago.
It was a great idea I had to help Luke and I adjust to the soon to be new member of our family. You know get the routine going, introduce Luke to the idea that the cosmos was not formed for his amusement, figure out how many damn graham crackers it will take to get through a week. That kinda stuff. Well... at times it is sucking my will to breath oxygen. I have never seen so much snot and poop, ever. I should mention, we did start the whole deal off with ALL of us having an epic cold.

I have now realized that the point of this exercise is not to get the kids to break and conform, but instead to break me!!!! I seem to be fighting it.

I'll probably break soon. Luke has just started this thing where he hyperventilates and throws up EVERY TIME I change Cole's diaper. What the heck!?!?!?! And today to keep it interesting he screamed the entire time I changed HIS diaper. every time.

Did I mention that if Cole lays down for an hour in the entire day it's a miracle?!?

I am sending good vibes your way, but don't be surprised if they have a little yucky on them.

(notice there are no photos of Cole and Luke together, there's a reason for that:Luke doesn't seem to Love Cole) (I do though)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading this and cracking up. Cole took a 30 minute nap today and spent the rest of the day playing bumper cars with his mini car and our funiture. He thinks it's very funny...I do too...most of the time.