2.02.2006

Ok, I was wrong.

Here are a few things I may have said recently that I now know were WRONG:

1. Oh, the time will go by pretty quickly, I have Luke to distract me...
2. I know it will be hard knowing I can't travel with Chris, but if I keep the right attitude I"ll be OK...
3. The process has gone faster than expected up to this point, so we will need this time to prepare...

and finally...

4. I don't know if I will be able to feel an attachment to this little guy until I meet him....

I have admitted to myself that this is harder than I expected..
And we just started our wait.
Crud.
Comments.......Anyone?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It must be so hard for you to have pictures and updates of your little boy and not have him with you. I wondered if I would feel a connection with my niece before I met her, but once I saw her picture, I was in love, as I'm sure it will be when I see the picture of my daughter for the first time. Your son is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What you guys are doing is incredible and takes a ton of courage, love, and patience...things that very few people possess and many strive for. As hard as this is on you just shows how much love you have to give this lucky little guy. I'm sure that no words can make the wait easier on you, but try to remind yourself everyday that he will be here soon (though not soon enough I'm sure), and you have the rest of your lives to give him all the love in the world!!

Tammy said...

I'm with you, I don't know how I'll do the wait. I'm just interested in moving forward at this point as we were with New Hope and made it to the waiting list and now they're closing....

I'm enjoying your blog. Great sense of humor!