3.14.2006

Amazing...


It has recently come to my attention that my amazing hubby is not aware of just HOW AMAZING he is. It seems I may have neglected to tell him that I notice all the wonderful things he does. Instead, I complain about silly nonsense....I feel like such a poopy head.
It's like I assume the fact that he is such a great hubby and father is just a given. It's understood, It's common knowledge. Sooo....it rarely occurs to me to mention it. I don't tell him how in awe of him I am nearly enough.

I ask alot of him.

He works hard everyday, and when he gets home after work there is no rest. I want so badly for him and Luke (and all the kids we end up with) to have a strong relationship that I really "encourage" them to have daddy time in the evenings after dinner. Time where dad runs the show and I try to stay in the background. It's noisy and messsy and perfect.

Then he puts Luke to bed. ....Every. Night.

This pretty much means Chris goes non-stop untill Luke's bedtime. All this with no complaints (ok, hardly any).

Our weekends are all about family. When Chris has something he wants to do just for or by himself, he tries to limit it to Luke's naps. When he wants to go somewhere that I don't, he often offers to take Luke so I can have some alone time.

He makes dinner on Sunday.

He's just so great.

Well, I will be a poopy head no longer.

To my amazing Husband, thank you for:

  • making Luke's breakfast every day
  • making me coffee every morning
  • working so hard every day
  • and then coming home and being a great dad
  • giving Luke a bath every night
  • reading stories with such flare
  • listening to me
  • coming home for lunch every day
  • making me feel so safe
  • being so darn smart
  • being so patient
  • not pointing out how naggy I can be
  • being so gentle
  • unconditional love
  • beleiving in me
  • driving the old car
  • letting me park in the garage
  • letting me make all the interior decorating decisions
  • doing the yard work
  • being the kind of man I always dreamed I would marry

Most of all, thank you for realizing that playing the "working dad" card to get out of setting the very best example possible for your son would only hurt you in the long run.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!
Looks like our husbands have a lot in common. Actually, void the yard work my list would be similar.
Cheers to great husbands!
Sheri

Kristin said...

What a lovely guy!

Jen R. said...

Yeah, I know...I'm lucky, too, and so often I take it for granted...

Stephanie said...

That you for the reminder to tell my husband how much I appreciate him. Looks like you and I ended up with pretty great guys.

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Wow,Can he come over and talk to my husband a bit? He is great, but not THAT great!! (shhhh, I still love him)
Lisa
our blog

M3 said...

Awwwww, he sounds great!
And good for you for letting him know it. I bet you made his day.
:-)

amazing grace said...

love the beach pictures!!! i love taking pictures of footprints in the sand.....

Leah
leaving in 4 days to bring Gracen home!

Luke Martin said...

I take offense to Sheri's comment that I don't do yard work. I don't do much yardwork. I did mow the lawn last year and trimmed up the apple tree a few weeks back.

Here's a cheers to all us good men out there!